Wednesday 3 April 2013

Still Waiting ...

The weather has yet to improve and I have no idea what is going on inside the hives; I've not had the opportunity to get to the apiary for a few weeks but it has not gone much above freezing.  I think we are all getting nervous about the near future.

In the meantime I have decided to get some formal qualifications under my belt to give myself some credibility as I have joined the committee of our local bee-keeping association. I've also been asked to stand as a delegate member of the county association so I have no excuse - the first requirement is the BBKA Basic Certificate and  I've recently sent off my application to the area education officer with an intention of taking the practical element towards the latter part of the summer once I've got myself back up to speed.
BBKA Modules so I have just signed up for the correspondence course and intend to take the exam in the autumn this year - I've bought the required texts and just received my first assignment so there is plenty to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment